We got nothing, and we have to like it. All of a sudden, I face these questions. Anyone have any answers?
- Are Charles Tillman and Lance Briggs washed up?
- I know Jared Allen didn’t play, but is the defensive line, with about $30 million in new money invested, going to be any better than last year’s atrocity of a line?
- Is Mel Tucker the problem and not the solution?
- As good as the offense looked in 2013, will Jay Cutler break down and start throwing interceptions when the going gets rough ala the Ron Turner, Mike Martz and Mike Tice years?
- What happened to the promise of the unpredictable, complex new defense with multiple fronts?
I know it’s preseason with little game planning. But in the dress rehearsal for the regular season, there are certainly more questions than answers.