Your thoughts on the 2011 Chicago Bears preseason opener? My thoughts are:
- Marion Barber looks like he’s healthy and the real deal. I loved this signing. Upon hearing of his availability, once again I believed that the Bears brain trust would not make a bold move and bring someone like Barber in. Against the Bills, Barber showed that he could be exactly what the Bears need, a bruiser that can pick up the tough yards in short-yardage situations.
- Chester Taylor just needs to go. I was excited about the Taylor signing in 2010 as I am with Barber now, because Taylor always punished the Bears when he came in for Adrian Peterson in Minnesota. But he clearly has lost whatever he had in Minnesota.
- Yes, the offensive line still scares me with its potential of being worse than it was in 2010. But Jerry Angelo says there is still time to make changes. I’m still in the mode of positivity, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. But as I have said before, Angelo has the tendency to make strange decisions at left tackle (Qasim Mitchell, anyone). I hope J’Marcus Webb will buck the trend of failures.
- I loved the performances of Major Wright, Amobi Akoye and Gabe Carimi. I’d say the new punter looks good.
- Concerned about Caleb Hanie and Taylor.